|Wolfberries(Lycium Barbarum Fruit), also known as Goji Berry contain a number of beneficial nutrients but are especially noted for their antioxidant content.
They contain many nutrients and phytochemicals including
* 11 essential and 22 trace dietary minerals
* 18 amino acids
* 6 essential vitamins
* 8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides
* 5 unsaturated fatty acids, including the essential fatty acids, linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid
* beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols
* 5 carotenoids, including beta-carotene and zeaxanthin (below), lutein, lycopene and cryptoxanthin, a xanthophyll
* numerous phenolic pigments (phenols) associated with antioxidant properties
Traditional Chinese Medicine suggests that Goji supports healthy immune function, eyesight, liver protection and circulation. Goji Berries are an excellent wholefood source of naturally occurring antioxidants, proteins, polysaccharides, phyto-nutrients, amino acids and vitamins.
In some study groups with elderly people given goji berries they showed increased optimism, appetite improvement, patients slept better, and some patients partially or fully recovered their sexual function.
This product is: Wheat-free, Gluten-free